Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week 28

Happy Monday!

This is the last week of 3rd Quarter.  Thursday, March 10th, will be the last day of the quarter.  Wow!  The time has been flying by and our learning has gotten deeper and more extensive!  

Over the weekend, I sent out a conference sign up list through Sign Up Genius.  Please sign up for a time that accommodates your schedule.  If you are unable to meet at any of those certain times, then email me and let me know.  If you need to cancel and reschedule, sign back onto Sign Up Genius and delete your time, then reschedule a new time or email me.   At this point in the year, I have already let you know my concerns...most conferences will not take long at all.  I will give you your child’s report card along with work samples in which I used to grade the 3rd Quarter Standards.  Mrs. Rowlett will have also made comments and assigned reading and spelling grades to your 2nd grader.  I look forward to meeting with you all next week!

Our Animal Presentations will be held on Wednesday, March 9th, from 3:15 til 4:00!  We will either meet in our classroom or the lunch room depending on where we get the best internet access!!

Language
Our time in language was spent with producing, expanding, and rearranging complete simple and compound sentences.  Students did a fantastic job taking a very simple sentence and making it more complex by adding adjectives, adverbs, a "where", or a "when".
My dog ate.
Last night, my little dog quickly ate all the dog food in the pen before my bigger dogs could eat.

Students also practiced rearranging sentences.
Last night, before my bigger dogs could eat; my little dog quickly ate all the dog food in the pen.
Math
In math we have been spending lots of time on word problems.  While this is a skill that students have worked on weekly throughout the year, Miss Garcia and myself have been keeping it as our main focus during the past week.  Out of the 26 standards for math there are 3 standards that involve word problems.  Those standards involve word problems that have 2 steps and/or that deal with numbers within 100, use money, and measurement.  


Week 28 Homework
Monday
IXL P.14 Add and subtract money up to $1
Tuesday
Money word problem worksheet
Wednesday
Measurement word problem worksheet
Thursday
IXL G.16 Add four or more numbers up to 2 digits in word problems